5.24.2011

74 Pairs of Shoes

I found out the other day that there is a difference between softball cleats and baseball cleats.  Where did I discover this useful bit of trivia?  From the man who has both.  And every other pair of shoes you could imagine.

Greg wears a pretty large size and loves a good deal.  Conveniently for him, his size 14 is often on clearance.

He’ll regularly buy four or five pairs for what most people pay for one.  In fact, he’s become so accustomed to finding cheap shoes, that he won’t even consider pairs that aren’t at least half off.  

Recently, he discovered that the largest E-Bay shoe supplier in the country is located nearby, so he made friends with the owner and now gets an even deeper discount on his favorite—Doc Martens.  The latest additions to his collection include a rainbow of colors…maroon, navy blue, forest green and even patent leather gray.

Yes… patent leather gray. 

Just a useful bit of trivia about Greg that I thought you’d like to know.

3 comments:

5 Walls and Counting said...

Wow Caitlin, I must say I'm not sure I know what would look good with patent leather gray shoes but if the man has 74 pairs of shoes he's bound to have at least 37 pairs of pants and therefore bound to have SOMETHING that will go with those bad boys!
As far as bountiful baskets go. . . I've been seriously considering doing that simply because produce here is far few and in between so I'm glad to hear you like it.

5 Walls and Counting said...

P.S. What IS the difference between baseball cleats and softball cleats?

Within These Walls said...

Love it! So funny how two brothers can be so different! I can't remember the last time Neil bought shoes for himself.