6.23.2011

First I Panicked. Then I Laughed.


Greg: Caitlin, I wrote you a nice long text, but it accidentally got erased when I answered a call. I wrote you an important e-mail earlier today.  Please read it as soon as you can.  Everything is okay, but it looks like we won't be living by ourselves at the house for the rest of the summer.  The e-mail has the details.  We'll be fine since it's just for the summer.  Love you!

My Head:  Wait...Anyone is always welcome in our home anytime, but he wouldn't commit to that without talking to me even if I am 400 miles away...would he?...It's got to be some kind of code...Oh and that wasn't a long text?

My Text: Are we getting a dog?

Greg:  No. I explained it all in the e-mail.  Are you where you can get to a computer?

My Head:  Dog dreams crushed...wait... it's not a dog?! *Slight panic.*

My Text: I'm an hour away from any sort of civilization and driving so Alicia is being my scribe. Please call me.

Greg: I need to let my phone charge, so I can't call.  The details are in the e-mail.  It's a couple that's new in town and chose to live at our house and there was some confusion about us giving them permission to stay here apparently because we were both gone.  They decided they wanted to stay at our house, so I think we'll have to let them to avoid any legal ramifications.  It's all good though.  I love you so much!  Way more than our new houseguests, for sure!  It's all in the e-mail.  Love you!

My Head:  Obviously your phone is charged enough to send me ridiculously long texts.  Oh and you could totally charge it while you talked to me. And what the heck happened to the Third Amendment?

My Text: You are pulling my leg.

Greg: My battery is almost gone.  I don't know if our address was on some foreign exchange list or what, but the couple chose our house and seem pretty adamant that they want to stay at our house.  I only saw them real quick this morning, and they didn't have any paperwork and they don't speak English.  I didn't let them inside the house, so they just stayed on the porch and in the yard mostly.  Please read the e-mail, and by then my phone should be charged so we can talk about it.  I'll take a photo of them also so I can send it to you and you can see them.  Love you!

My Head: This is getting more and more suspicious.

My Text: Can't wait to see a pic!

The E-Mail: I thought I'd share some interesting/exciting news.  There is a new couple that just moved to our house and will be staying with us for the summer!  I know that this is definitely unexpected, but I figure it won't be that different from when we've had extended houseguests.  The couple is from down South, where they lived last winter, but they decided to fly up to the Salt Lake area, and find a nice place to settle down for the summer.  (Apparently it was too hot where they came from.)  They weren't really all that diplomatic about choosing our house--they just moved in without asking.  It was a little awkward at first, since they're kind of protective of their space, and I don't feel like they're good communicators, but they're good-looking and good singers and seem nice enough.  As a sidenote, I'm suspicious that they're probably expecting a little one or ones later this summer, but my experience is that you should never ask a female if she's expecting unless you already know.  (So they don't infer that you think she's fat...)  By the looks of things, I wouldn't be surprised if they had twins or even triplets. They've kind of taken up residence in their own out-of-the-way space at our house, and so far seem pretty clean, but I'm afraid they're going to make our place messier over time.  Oh well, it's not really like we can kick them out, right?  I guess we'll just make the best of it!  I'll text you a photo of them when I get home tonight.  Sorry I didn't get a chance to discuss it with you before they crashed at our pad.  I guess on the bright side, since they do seem pretty protective, we won't need an alarm system!

Isn't Greg the greatest?  Hope you laughed as much as I did!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

where's the picture?