10.14.2010

Builder Bob & Bobette

On my Friday off, I went to be Greg's assistant for a remodeling project that he's been working on for the past three weeks.   He does such quality work with so much attention to detail that we joked that he was doing too good of a job for a rental. Haha...Anyway, along with repainting the bedrooms, this is just a peek at some of what he's done:

He painted this bookshelf white and built lids for the top.  His dad said that people used to put flowers in the top rectangular openings and that's why there weren't any lids!


All of the kitchen cabinets used to be dark oak and to paint them white, he practically had to disassemble the entire kitchen and put it back together again.

We had so much fun!  I can totally see our next place being a fixer-upper...except that Greg is not a fan of old electrical and plumbing systems, so maybe not.  But I really do love old houses with tons of character. My dream house would be a victorian mansion.  And I really love those cute old fashioned houses out in Daybreak

No comments: