2.27.2011

Julia Child Would Have Been Proud

In an ironic attempt to simplify my life, I experienced--I mean survived--my first endeavor with once-a-month-cooking on Friday.  And now I know why it is so called...
Twenty-six recipes and nine chaotic kitchen hours later, I don't really want to step foot into my kitchen again for another month!
I checked out a few websites and sorted the recipes I picked into categories so they had similar ingredients and I could make them simultaneously.  Then I whipped it all up and froze it in freezer ziplocs and disposable casserole dishes.  That sounded way too easy.  I'm not going to lie...it was hard!
In all honesty it wasn't so bad, but I did probably bite off more than I could chew.  
(Don't you just love Greg's puns?)
I think twice-a-month-cooking is more my style.

1 comment:

Mandy and Nate said...

That is so great you did that.. I think I should try it but then never have 9 hours to just cook. Way to go..